Welcome to EyeAspire.com, an inspiring blog for all the latest in sunglass trends, technology and fashion. Along with some serious enthusiasm for sunglasses, we write to help those who have less than perfect ‘vision’ with everything sunglass – from frame styles, to why sunglasses are just so darn important. Here’s to giving you the inSIGHT you need to rock your eyeballs with the right shades.
From the ocean to the golf course to the ski slopes, we’ve tackled a variety of adventures where some kick butt sunglasses were the greatest accessory. Although this isn’t match.com, we think we can help you find the perfect fit.
A little taste of what we know about sunglasses:
- The first sunglasses, known as ‘sun shields’, were originally worn in the prehistoric era
- Modern day sunglasses were first introduced and sold in the late 19th century
- Polarized lenses were first introduced in the late 1930’s
- By April 2012, the word ‘sunglasses’ was Googled an average of 11 Million times each month
- The most expensive sunglasses out there retail for $384K (Dolce & Gabbana)
- Sunglasses are one of the most stolen items in drug stores (boo, hiss)
- The more expensive the pair of sunglasses does not mean better quality
- Men’s sunglasses sell every 90 seconds on Ebay alone
- The best selling style to date is the Wayfarer style, which has been around since 1953